Technology Lead & Back-End Developer
Possip is looking for a technology lead and back-end developer in our quest to help schools win with parents leveraging software and people. Possip is growing to serve even more school partners and families. Possip uses text messages to gather feedback from parents that is then summarized into reports for school administrators to view through our web portal.
Possip was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in Nashville, TN.
Team members can be found across the country, including Cincinnati, OH, Washington, DC, Denver, CO, New England, North Carolina, Florida, and Texas.
This role will be the technology lead and developer at Possip primarily doing backend development and overall visioning for the technical development of our product. You will work with our team to define and support full stack resource needs. You are efficient and effective and have a record of producing dependable code that is maintainable and well tested. You will be responsible for requirements review, development, testing, deployment, and ongoing technical support.
Possip is a remote team with current employees working from home or co-working spaces. We communicate frequently through video conference.
● Drive a high-quality product using strong planning, code, and communication
● Develop effective, maintainable code with a sense of urgency and impact
● Develop automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
● Conduct code reviews with peers and team
● Implement strong security and data protection with the code
● Understand and use design principles behind a scalable application and code versioning tools, such as Github
● Advise and write scope and technical specs to achieve user stories defined by product manager & business team
● Assist in creating visuals, frameworks and maps to plan and develop product design tasks related to UI/UX (user interface and user experience)
● Record and update tech manual on backend and frontend product specs
● Collaborate and develop within a release cycle overseen by product manager managing ticket log and assigning QA
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree (Masters welcome) or requisite experience
● Extensive experience with Java, comfort with Ruby on Rails and ability to learn new and developing frameworks
● HTML / CSS working knowledge
● SQL experience preferred
● Strong communication skills
● Experience translating user requirements into tech design
● Strong analytical skills to identify trends and patterns
● Authorized to work in the United States
You will join a growing start-up team developing a service and platform that simplifies and enables school and communication loops across a diversity of parents and schools.
Interested? Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org